Sparklers are often thought of as being safe, but they generate heat levels comparable to a welding torch. Follow these helpful sparkler safety guidelines
It is recommended that sparklers are not given to under-5s.
- Make sure everyone who handles sparklers wears gloves.
- Sparklers should be held at arm's length while being lit and only light one at a time.
- Don’t wave sparklers around close to other people
- Never hold a baby in your arms while you're holding a sparkler.
- When the sparkler has burned out, place it, hot end down, in a bucket of cold water or sand and leave it there for several hours - they stay hot for a long time!