Our protection work is focused on helping businesses to thrive, making the West Midlands stronger.
We assess high-risk buildings including residential high-rises to ensure public safety and provide reassurance about the risks of fire. We also advise companies how best to comply with fire safety legislation, to keep staff and customers safe.
If the worst does happen, and they still have a fire, we help them to get back up and running as soon as possible. We’re a large organisation ourselves and know the importance of business continuity.
Our protection priorities focus on creating stronger businesses and safer communities:
- we will ensure high risk buildings including residential high rise, are assessed to ensure public safety and provide reassurance from the risks of fire
- we will ensure businesses become safer from fire through interaction with our people delivering integrated prevention, protection and response services
- we will enhance economic growth by providing clear advice and flexible support in collaboration with other regulators and partner agencies
- we will utilise an evidence-based approach to risk reduction to enable effective engagement with the most vulnerable businesses and members of the community
- we will reduce the impact of Automatic Fire Alarms, to minimise unnecessary disruption and costs to businesses, other organisations and our communities.