Before you make a report

We can only deal with reports for premises if they fall under the following conditions, please read these carefully before submitting your report to us.

All reports submitted are dealt with according to our customer care standards.

We can only enforce and give advice on properties within the West Midlands Fire Service Conurbation. If your concern or query relates to a property outside this area, you should seek advice from the appropriate Enforcing Authority. In most cases, this will be the Fire and Rescue Service local to that property.
Our powers, under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, only give us enforcement powers on properties that fall under the Act. Private single residences, or private residences within an apartment or flat complex we do not have powers over and you should liaise with your local council. Communal areas of a complex may fall under the act. Click for more information on what we can and can’t enforce.
WMFS are the enforcers of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, we inspect premises in accordance with our Risk Based Inspection Programme. It is the responsibility under the Act of the Responsible Person for the Property to carry out a suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessment to manage the risk from fire. WMFS do not undertake Fire Risk Assessments or visit premises upon request. Should you require advice of that nature, you should contact a reputable Fire Risk Assessor.

Fire safety form

If your query is for a commercial or business (not private property) within the West Midlands Conurbation and does not relate to requests for Fire Risk Assessments, please continue to complete the form below.

If the matter you are reporting poses an immediate threat to life, please do not fill out this form – ring 999 and ask for the fire service.

If you have any difficulties with completing the form, or you want to speak to someone about it, please call our Administration contact number 0121 380 7500 during office hours.