Two people led to safety from house fire, Grosvenor Road, Harbourne

A male and female were both led to safety from a property where a hob caught fire in Harbourne.

breaking_news_alt_1

Incidents

Published on 23 January 2023
This incident is closed

Grosvenor Road, Harborne, Birmingham, UK

At 13:06 crews from Woodgate Valley and Bournbrook (10 firefighters) responded to a property on Grosvenor Road, Harbourne, Birmingham after a smoke alarm was reportedly going off.

Crews identified a fire on a hob in the kitchen. A hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire.

Two people, one male and one female, were led to safety from the property by fire service personnel wearing breathing apparatus. They both received precautionary checks from West Midlands Ambulance, who were in attendance. There was no reported smoke inhalation or other injuries.

The property was fully ventilated to clear any smoke. Crews left the scene around 14:00.