Two people alerted to house fire by smoke alarms – Sheldon

Two people who were in the house were alerted by smoke alarms and safely managed to get themselves out before we arrived

breaking_news_alt_1

Incidents

Published on 5 July 2022
This incident is closed
timer
Crews attended in 3 minutes

Stanville Road, Birmingham, UK

At 7.13am on Tuesday 5 July we responded to a house fire in Stanville Road, Sheldon, Birmingham.

Two fire engines and two 4×4 Brigade Response Vehicles attended, crewed by firefighters from Sheldon and Hay Mills fire stations. The first of our crews arrived three minutes after being mobilised.

They were met with a severe fire on the ground floor of a detached house, but had extinguished it by 7.55am.

Half of the ground floor and some of the first floor was damaged by fire, but the entire property was affected by smoke.

Very fortunately, two people who were in the house were alerted by smoke alarms and safely managed to get themselves out before we arrived. They received precautionary checks from the ambulance service.

The fire’s believed to have been started accidentally.