Parker House, Britford Close, Birmingham, UK
At 10.49am on Tuesday 19 April we responded to a fire on the ninth floor of a 13-storey high-rise building in Birmingham.
The fire, which was in the kitchen of a flat, was confirmed to be out by 11.25am and no-one was injured.
Our first crew arrived at Parker House, Britford Close, King’s Heath five minutes after being mobilised.
A total of six fire engines attended, from five Birmingham fire stations.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out.
Two adults and two children self-evacuated after smoke entered their flat, one floor above where the fire started.
They were assessed by paramedics but discharged at the scene.
Very minor fire damage caused to the kitchen where food had been left cooking, unattended, on the hob.
One dog in flat returned to owner at the scene.