Shortly before 5.45am on Thursday 14 September, we responded to an incident on Carisbrooke Road in Wednesbury.
Five fire engines, a 4x4 brigade response vehicle and a hydraulic aerial platform attended, crewed by around 25 firefighters.
This was a fire on the first floor of a semi-detached house. The fire also spread to the roof. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a main jet to extinguish the fire.
The aerial platform was used by firefighters to remove tiles to access the roof.
Two people had left the building prior to our arrival and didn't sustain any injuries.
This fire is thought to have started accidentally due to an overheating phone charger.
We left this incident at 10.24am but a crew will revisit the property later this afternoon.
Please follow this link for more information about electrical safety in the home.