Fire in airing cupboard - Wednesfield

Involved cordless vacuum cleaner on charge



Published on 30 May 2022
This incident is closed

Blackwood Avenue, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton, UK

At 11.52am on Monday 30 May we were called to a fire in a three-storey block of flats in Wednesfield, Wolverhampton.

Three fire engines and a 4x4 Brigade Response Vehicle responded to Blackwood Avenue, crewed by 16 firefighters from Wolverhampton, Tettenhall and Bloxwich fire stations.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally, in an airing cupboard, and involved a cordless  vacuum cleaner that was on charge.

It was extinguished with a hose reel jet by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus. There was some smoke damage to the hallway and living room.

Everyone was accounted for and no-one was injured.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram