Rhayader Road, Birmingham, UK
Crews from Northfield, Woodgate Valley and Kings Norton attended a house fire on Rhayader Road, Northfield, Birmingham today at 17:00.
All persons were accounted for at the incident which involved a fire in the front bedroom of the terraced property.
One woman and a girl had exited the property prior to our arrival and have received precautionary checks by West Midlands Ambulance crews, who are also in attendance.
A cat and two rats were rescued by fire service personnel wearing breathing apparatus. The cat was given oxygen therapy by our crews.
Crews are currently ventilating the property and checking for any signs of fire in adjacent properties.
Adjacent properties have been checked for any fire spread and are clear and safe.
The incident has been determined to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Occupiers are in contact with their housing association as, unfortunately, rehousing will be required.
Only two crews remain at the incident.
There will be no further significant updates.