RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested further to your freedom of information request.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
1. Do you use drone technology
2. How many drones do you have at your disposal?
3. Do you share the drones with other agencies
4. If you share the drones with other agencies, which agency takes priority in the event of a multi agency incident where there is a conflict of use.
5. What capital expenditure has been utilized on drone technology between 2017 – 2022
6. What is the annual revenue expenditure associated with maintaining your drone capability
7. What arrangements do you have in place for crewing/operating the drones
8. Please provide operational statistics detailing the number of times the drone/s have been deployed between 2017 – 2022
9. Please provide operational statistics detailing the types of deployment i.e. what was the drone used for.
10. Do you have a documented policy on Drone provision and use (please supply a copy)
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.