RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested further to your freedom of information request.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
From 2017 to 2020 – sexual misconduct allegations against members of your force.
– A summary of the allegation
– The year the allegation took place
– If the case was not upheld, the reason it was not upheld
– If the case was upheld, the disciplinary action taken. Please specify whether the perpetrator is still a member of your force.
– If it does not push the request over the cost limit, please provide the race and gender of both the person making the allegation and who the allegation was against
Due to there being fewer than 5 allegations within the years that you have requested and in order to protect the identity of the data subjects involved, we are unable to provide any information as details about individual allegations are classed as personal data and therefore attracts a Section 40(2) exemption under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Disclosure of the information may cause damage and distress to the individuals involved so would therefore be unfair to disclose it and contravene principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF