Practical Fire Risk Assessment
This 3 day course gives delegates the skills and confidence to undertake Fire Safety Assessments in their organisation’s premises to meet employer obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
At the end of the course delegates will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Understand the legal obligations of the Order on their organisation
- Be proficient in the theory and practice of Fire Risk Assessment and Hazard Spotting
- Have completed the modules comprising the WMFS Fire Marshal course so that they can understand and manage the ongoing delivery of Fire Safety precautions in their workplace.
Managers or supervisors with the responsibility of carrying out fire risk assessments of the company premises.
This course is IFE approved and assessed using a pass/fail scheme
All delegates will receive a IFE approved certificate
• Fire safety legislation
• Methods of fire risk assessment
• Identifying fire hazards
• Evaluating fire risks
• Causes of fire
• Fire detection
• Means of escape
• Firefighting equipment
• Staff training
• Maintenance and testing
• Preparing an emergency plan
• Practical fire risk assessment
Need more information?
This course has a REFRESHER available which is half the length of the normal course, and at a lower cost.
It covers the same basic elements but requires you to have previously undertaken the full course with us, or an accredited equivalent course.
Dates for the refresher courses are shown above with other the standard courses.