Petroleum Safe Delivery
This 1/2 day course gives delegates an increased awareness of the dangers of petroleum fires and how to implement simple fire prevention
At the end of the course delegates will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Have an awareness of the delivery of petroleum and the hazards
- Be able to undertake preventative checks to ensure a safe and responsible delivery
- Have an awareness of selection and use of the correct fire extinguishers on controlled fires.
Staff working in a petroleum environment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
- The fire triangle.
- Solids, liquids and gases.
- Fire spread, convection, conduction, radiation
- Causes of fire, accidental, deliberate
- Electrical fire safety
- Fire action procedures.
- Fire action notice
- Fire classification.
- Fire extinguisher types, number and location
- Practical fire fighting
- Hazard spotting.