If you have concerns about fire safety at a premise you have visited, stayed at, or observed you can report it to us.
If the matter involves a genuine immediate risk to life, please dial 999 and ask for the fire service – an immediate risk to life would be a situation whereby a lack of fire safety would result in serious injury or death imminently if no action is taken.
Examples of non-urgent but matters that need our attention, but are not immediate life risks would be:
- shops or hotels regularly blocking fire escapes
- nightlife premises allowing more people than it’s safe capacity
- rubbish blocking fire escapes
- parking that blocks emergency vehicle access
- communal areas in flats blocked.