Two boys electrocuted on train line – Stetchford

The boys were treated for burns after coming into contact with overhead lines



Published on 2 September 2023
This incident is closed

Stechford Rail Station, Birmingham, UK

At approximately 17:00 on Saturday 2nd September, we responded to an incident at Stetchford railway station.

Two fire engines, crewed by firefighters from Sheldon and Ward End, responded.

This incident involved two teenage boys who had been electrocuted after touching overhead lines on the train track, after climbing onto the roof of a commercial goods train that was parked alongside the station.

The boys were treated for burns by paramedics on scene, before being taken to Birmingham Children’s Hospital.