Fire in Cradley Heath chip shop

Fire started accidentally in ducting

breaking_news_alt_1

Incidents

Published on 23 December 2022
This incident is closed
timer
Crews attended in 3 minutes

Lower High Street, Cradley Heath, UK

Fire crews from Haden Cross and Brierley Hill Fire stations attended a fire at a fish and chip shop on Lower High Street in Cradley Heath.

The fire started accidently, in ducting at around 7.30pm last night (22 Dec). Two fire engines and a 4×4 brigade response vehicle were mobilised, the first of which arrived around three minutes after being mobilised.

The fire was tackled at the single-storey property by crews using a hose reel, a dry powder extinguisher and a C02 extinguisher.

Gas and electric to the property were isolated and a neighbouring property was also checked with no issues reported.

Crews left the scene at around 9pm and returned at 11pm to ensure there were no remaining hot spots.