A request for information about the number of fires per month in rented accommodation for past 3 years -18036
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 28th February 2018.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I would like to request the figures for:
– The number of fires per month in rented accommodation where the cause was attributed to a fault within the property, such as poor wiring and appliance fires for example.
– The number of fires per month in privately owned accommodation where the cause was attributed to a fault within the property, such as poor wiring and appliance fires for example.
I would like this data for each of the past 3 years, starting from the most recently available figures. If this is would be greater than the permitted cost, I would appreciate the most recent data in regard to both rented and privately-owned accommodation, for long as the budget allows.
|Privately Owned Accommodation|
Please be aware of the following;
- Rented accommodation includes ‘Rented from Housing Association’, ‘Rented from the Council’, ‘Rented Privately’ and ‘Rented Landlord not known’
- Fire caused by category is selected as ‘Faults in system or appliance’
- Date range used is January 2015 – December 2017
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.