RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 9th October 2018.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I’m gathering some detail on the information gathered by West Midlands Fire Service on cladding in high-rise buildings in the West Midlands which has been collated since the Grenfell tragedy.
Can you please provide me with the following information?
- How many high-rise buildings (over 18 Metres) are there in the West midlands? Where are they located?
Please see attached. mdocs single-file=”18141.HIGHRISE.xlsx”
- How many of these are private-sector buildings and how many are social-sector residential buildings?
Where it is recorded it will show on the attached spreadsheet.
- How many of these buildings (private and social) have Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding systems? Please also advise how many are private sector and how many are social-sector residential.
12 of which,
- How many of these buildings have other types of cladding or construction material which has also been discovered by the fire service to be combustible or in need of replacement? Please also advise how many of these are private sector and how many are social-sector residential.
53 buildings that need elements of their external construction material replaced. (eg. balcony panels)
- Of the buildings (both social and private sector) that have been deemed to have dangerous cladding or construction materials which need replaced how many have either been fixed or have plans in place for remediation? How many currently have no plans in place to fix the problems?
Of the 12,
2 removal in progress
2 removal not required
3 no further information
Of 53 buildings, all have remediation plans in place.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.