RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested further to your freedom of information request.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
The contract register should display all the organisations existing/live contracts I would like the register to display the following columns/headings:
- Contract Reference
- Contract Title
- Procurement Category
- Supplier Name
- Spend (Total or Annual)
- Contract Duration
- Contract Extensions
- Contract Starting Date
- Expiration Date
- Contract Description [Please provide me with as much detail as possible.]
- Contact Owner (Full contact details if possible.)
- CPV codes/ProClass
This information is exempt under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as this information is reasonably accessible to the requestor. Our transparency data holds the information requested and can be found on West Midlands Fire Service website at the following link: https://www.wmfs.net/about-us/documents/
The report with the required data is called the Local Transparent Report.
The transparency report includes the lead customer such as ICT or Facilities Management (FM) which would also be the category.
As we do not keep a record of CPV codes, this information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Can you also provide me with contact details of the person responsible for the actual contract’s register or someone responsible for API? [Name, Job Title, Telephone, Email Address] At the very least provide me with their actual job title.
With regards for the contact details of the person responsible for the actual contract’s register or someone responsible for API, West Midlands Fire Service operates a single point of contact policy.
The person responsible can be contacted at the following address email@example.com . The number for general enquiries is 0845 5000 900.
Furthermore, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office is as follows:
* The presumption is in favour of protecting privacy, so the release of personal information will only be fair if there is a genuine reason to disclose. This involves a three-stage test. A public authority will generally have to satisfy itself that:
* There is a legitimate interest in disclosure;
* The legitimate interest can only be met, or fully met, by the disclosure of information which identifies individuals (i.e. the disclosure is necessary to that purpose); and, the disclosure would not involve unwarranted detriment to the individual’s privacy or other rights and legitimate interests.
* You can find out more about FOI exemptions from the Information Commissioner’s Office. This will explain which one or more of the FOI exemptions applies, and tell you how to appeal if you disagree with our decision
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.