A request for information about fires at houses of multi-occupancy (HMO) -18041
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 7th March 2018
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I am sending this request under the Freedom of Information Act to ask for the following information relating to fires at houses of multi-occupancy (HMO). This is a legal definition that I do not expect your data would record – but essentially what it amounts to is a residential building where more than one family is living (eg a house converted into flats); or where 3 or more unrelated tenants are living (eg a house-share). This DOES NOT include student halls accommodation.
Regarding my two questions below could you please include any information from your records of incidents attended that fits into this definition:
- Please can you tell me the number of fires that were attended by your crews to multi-occupancy housing (that is a building with several families/flats/tenants) that was 2 stories or less for the years:
- Please can you tell me the number of fires that were attended by your crews to multi-occupancy housing (that is a building with more than one family/several flats/several tenants) that was 3 stories or more for the years:
Please see below for the requested information,
|2 Floors or Less|
|3 Floors or More|
Please be aware of the following;
- The data provided is for the number of floors of the property; this will include any property with basement floors.
- The property type is including the following ‘Converted HMO flat(s) / maisonette(s)’, ‘HMO terraced house’, ‘HMO semi-detached house’, ‘Purpose built HMO flat(s) / maisonette(s)’, HMO detached house’, and ‘Other type of HMO flat(s) or maisonette(s)’
- The date range provided is Jan 2015 – Dec 17
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.