A request for information about Facilities Management Contracts-17130
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 5th December 2017.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I have been wanting to send a freedom of information request relating to the Organisation’s existing contracts relating to facilities management.
|A. Lift Service and Maintenance|
|B. Air Conditioning and Ventilation Servicing and Maintenance|
|C. Cleaning and Janitorial|
|D. Mechanical And Electrical Maintenance|
|E. Property Maintenance And Day To Day Repairs|
- Contract Type – Please use the list I have provided above
- Existing Supplier – Please state the supplier for each contract
- Annual Spend- Please can you provide me with the spend for each individual supplier
- Contract Duration- please note if there are any extensions period available and if so what?
- Contract Start
- Contract Expiry
- Contract Review
- Contract Description- a small description of the type of services included within each contract.
- Number of sites covered for each contract e.g. the organisation may have a maintenance agreement with a supplier that covers several sites/buildings.
- Lift Service and Maintenance (1)
- Contract Type – Lift Maintenance – Non Headquarters sites
- Existing Supplier – Concept Elevator
- Annual Spend- £2500
- Contract Duration- 4 years
- Contract Start – 1st June 2015
- Contract Expiry – 31st May 2019
- Contract Review – 5th Feb 2019
- Contract Description – Maintenance of Lifts based at Stations
- No of sites – 5 – 10 lifts
Lift Service and Maintenance (2)
- Contract Type – Lift Maintenance for Headquarters
- Existing Supplier – Schindler
- Annual Spend – £2,325.00
- Contract Duration- 1 year
- Contract Start – 26th July 2016
- Contract Expiry – July 18
- Contract Review – July 18
- Contract Description – Maintenance of Lifts based at HQ inclusive Maintenance, availability of spares, call back during working hours (labour only), replacement of defective car lights, highest priority for entrapped people and E-alarm service.
- No of sites – one site HQ – 5 lifts
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation Servicing and Maintenance
- Contract Type – Heating & Ventilation Maintenance & Reactive Repairs 2014-2018
- Existing Supplier – J Tomlinson
- Annual Spend – £13,410.50
- Contract Duration – 2 years with an option for a further 2
- Contract Start – 1/6/14
- Contract Expiry – 31/5/18
- Contract Review – Jan 2018
- Contract Description- Maintenance and reactive repairs for heating and ventilation
- Number of sites covered for each contract – all West Midlands sites
- Cleaning and Janitorial
This information is exempt under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as this information is reasonably accessible to the requestor. Information concerning cleaning and janitorial contract can be found on West Midlands Fire Service website at the following link:
Cleaning is carried out in house by cleaners employed by West Midlands Fire Service.
- Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance.
Please see attached. 17130
- Property Maintenance And Day To Day Repairs
- Contract Type – Framework agreement for reactive repairs (plumbing, electrical, building, roofing works)
- Existing Supplier –
Lot 1 – plumbing work:1. B.N. North: 2. Hardyman & co: 3. Swift maintenance services
Lot 2 – electrical work: 1. Drewmark Building Services: 2. Hardyman & co; 3. Laker BMS
Lot 3 – building work: 1. Drewmark Building Services; 2. Tyzander; 3. Hardyman & Co
- Contract Duration – four years total – 2 years plus the option for a further 2 years
- Contract Start – 01-Jan-13
- Contract Expiry – 31-Dec-18
- Contract Review – 1st Aug 2018
- Contract Description – The Framework Agreement is for reactive maintenance of works that comprise of day to day emergency repairs together with short term repairs to rectify immediate problems.
- Number of sites covered for each contract – all WMFRA Sites
In regards to the types of contracts I have displayed above can you please send the Organisation’s primary contracts? Or can you please send me the contract that are above £1000.
Also, so that I understand the information you have provided to me please state information if the Organisation doesn’t have any contract I have stated within this request.
Please see attached. 17130
- Can you also send me the contact details of the person within the Organisation that is responsible for each one of these contract you have submitted.
The person responsible for the reviewing and renewing of facilities management contracts can be contacted at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
The number for general enquiries is 0845 5000 900
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.