A request for information about Fires in dwellings 2011-2016
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 1st June 2016.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
1) The total number of fires (not including false alarms) in the home that were reported in the following years: 2016 (so far), 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011;
2) The number of accidental fires in the home that were reported in the following years: 2016 (so far), 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011;
3) The number of dwellings where these fires were reported that did not have a functioning fire alarm (including instances where a fire alarm was not present), broken down by year: 2016 (so far), 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011;
4) The top 10 causes for dwelling fires in the past 12 months (e.g. arson, accidental, appliances, etc). If possible, please can you provide a figure for each of the causes in the past 12 months
5) The number of non-fatal casualties/injuries as a result of fires in the following years: 2016 (so far), 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011;
Please see attached. FOI16071- dwelling fires
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW