RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 12th November 2018
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please send me:
- Do you have a drone?
- If not, are you in the process of obtaining one?
- Is your drone a shared resource with other emergency services?
- What was the capital cost of your drone?
- What is the anticipated annual revenue cost of maintaining your drone for operational purposes?
- What are the crewing/ operating arrangements for ensuring the drone is available for emergency incidents?
- Do you have a policy on the operational use of the drone? If so, could I please have a copy.
- What evaluation process did you adopt before purchasing the drone?
- What is the anticipated operational usage for the drone by incident type?
- Please supply statistics of the operational use of the drone since purchased as follows, number of mobilisations, incident type, time in use.
I would like the above information to be provided to me as electronic copies.
West Midlands Fire Services does not have a Drone at the moment. However we will be seeking to obtain a Drone with our partners in the near future. Details of the contract will be published on our website and incident data when available with also be published.
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.