RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 23rd March 2018.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
Please send me details for the period 2017-18 on the following:
The total value of the courier service contracts that were outsourced?
West Midlands Fire Service does not have any formal contracts with a courier service. However we do you use courier services on ad hoc basis.
Please find below spend for 2017/18:
TNT UK Ltd = approx. £2,020
Pallet Line = approx. £132
The name of your primary and any secondary Courier supplier
The value of your primary supplier contract, its expiry date and the services they provide (e.g. same day/next-day/overnight)
The total cost of the courier services that were managed in-house?
Totals to £56,000 this includes their salary, NI and pension.
The number of staff employed in managing those contracts?
2.5 drivers that work on the in house courier side over the year.
The number of vehicles owned or leased to meet the in-house courier requirement
- The name and email of the person responsible for the procurement/management of these services?
- With regards for the contact details of the person responsible for the procurement/management of these services, WMFS operates a single point of contact policy and there is a direct email address for suppliers making sales enquires email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternative you can phone 0845 5000 900 and you call will directed the relevant department.
Furthermore, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office is as follows:
- The presumption is in favour of protecting privacy, so the release of personal information will only be fair if there is a genuine reason to disclose. This involves a three-stage test. A public authority will generally have to satisfy itself that:
- There is a legitimate interest in disclosure; • The legitimate interest can only be met, or fully met, by the disclosure of information which identifies individuals (i.e. the disclosure is necessary to that purpose); and, the disclosure would not involve unwarranted detriment to the individual’s privacy or other rights and legitimate interests.
- You can find out more about FOI exemptions from the Information Commissioner’s Office. This will explain which one or more of the FOI exemptions apply.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]