A request for information about a list of incidences of wildfire – 18103
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 4th July 2018.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from the fire/rescue service:
A list of incidences of wildfire (if any) tackled for each of the following years:
01 Jan 2016 to 31 December 2017,
01 Jan 2017 to 31 December 2018,
01 Jan 2018 to the current date.
Please could I have the approximate location of each wildfire, the date, the approximate volume of water spent tackling each wildfire (if information is held), and the amount of firefighters/ trucks that tackled the blaze.
Please provide the information in an excel or .csv format
Please see attached. 18103
Please be aware of the following;
- Both accidental and deliberate incidents have been included
- As we do not have an incident types called ‘wildfire’ I have included all incidents which came under ‘Outdoor Sec – Grassland, scrubland, verges’
- The incident areas I have included are Canal or riverbank vegetation, Heathland / Moorland, Other type of grassland, Parkland, Pasture and grazing, Railway trackside vegetation, Roadside verge or vegetation, Scrub land and Wasteland
- I have not included the following areas, Crematory, Domestic garden, Allotment and Sports pitch
- They have asked for the number of fire fighters who attended the incident but we don’t have accurate data for this but I have included the vehicle type. If you can let them know that a PRL is mobilised with 5 crew and a BRV is mobilised with 3, but we cannot guarantee that that all incidents were attended with a full crew.
- I have used the ward name for the location of the incident
We do not have any data for the amount of water that was used during the incident(s) therefor for this request is exemption under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.