RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 17th October 2018
Please find below a summary of our findings.
The reason for my request, is that we will approach organisations such as your own to establish how much we can save you from your IT budget, through our compliant pre-owned software licensing models.
I would specifically like to request the following, in electronic format please:
- What is the current number of staff who use a PC or a laptop within your organisation?
- What are the current Microsoft software licences (server and desktop) that you are using?
- What is your annual IT spend on Microsoft licences?
- Has your organisation moved, or is planning to move, to the Cloud in the next 12 months?
- Are you due to undertake a review of your software estate in the next 12 months?
- What is the name of the decision maker for IT spend in your organisation?
- 2154 (E1/E3 licenses)
- With regards for the contact details of Contract Manager, WMFS ICT Department operates a single point of contact policy and callers are directed to the ICT Service Desk via HQ Reception on (0121) 380 6067. The call will be directed to the ICT Service Desk and allocated to the ICT specialist with responsibility for the specific service. There is a direct email address for suppliers making sales enquires email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office is as follows:
* The presumption is in favour of protecting privacy, so the release of personal information will only be fair if there is a genuine reason to disclose. This involves a three-stage test. A public authority will generally have to satisfy itself that:
* There is a legitimate interest in disclosure;
* The legitimate interest can only be met, or fully met, by the disclosure of information which identifies individuals (i.e. the disclosure is necessary to that purpose); and, the disclosure would not involve unwarranted detriment to the individual’s privacy or other rights and legitimate interests.
* You can find out more about FOI exemptions from the Information Commissioner’s Office. This will explain which one or more of the FOI exemptions applies, and tell you how to appeal if you disagree with our decision.
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW.
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.