RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested further to your freedom of information request.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
Number of crew per station (e.g. 9 Station X – 9 Firefighters, 2 Crew Managers, 1 Watch Manager)
|Number of Stations||Fire Fighters||Crew Managers||Watch Managers||Total|
Station Crewing Type (e.g. Retained, Wholetime etc) What, if any vehicles are cross crewed with another appliance.
All stations within West Midlands Fire Service are crewed wholetime, we do not have any retained firefighters. Within West Midlands Fire Service ‘Dual Staffing’ has been in place for several years now. This means that the below resources are not crewed 24/7 but people will be moved onto these when required to be mobilised to an incident.
- Hydraulic Platform
- Prime Mover vehicles that deliver various specialisms including: Foam, Water Rescue, Mass Decontamination, Hazardous Materials and Environmental Protection, Breathing Apparatus and Incident Support
- Incident Support Unit
- Command Support Vehicle
- High Volume Pumping Unit (National Resilience asset)
Normal crew levels before a vehicle dispatches (e.g. 5 crew on a pump, 1 on an ALP, 2 on a WrC, etc)
Normal crewing levels in West Midlands fire Service is as follows;
- Pump Rescue Ladder x 5 crew
- Brigade Response Vehicle x 3 crew
- Business Support Vehicle x 1 crew
- Hydraulic Platform 2 x crew on vehicle
- Prime Mover vehicles that deliver various specialisms including:
- Foam 2 x crew on vehicle
- Water Rescue 4 x crew minimum
- Mass Decontamination (National Resilience Asset) 2 x crew on vehicle 16 trained crew minimum
- Hazardous Materials and Environmental Protection 2 x crew on vehicle
- Breathing Apparatus and Incident Support 2 x crew on vehicle
- Incident Command Unit 5 x crew
- Command Support Vehicle 5 x crew
- High Volume Pumping Unit (National Resilience asset) 5 x crew minimum
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.