RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 4th February 2021
Please find below a summary of our findings.
This is a request for information on floods and flood impacts that occurred between November 2019 and March 2020. Please respond with any data you have, with an appropriate licence if necessary, by 26th February 2021 to this email address.
The types of information we would like to collect from your organisation are:
- Information on the locations and dates of flooding
- Information on the source(s) of flooding (e.g. river, coastal, surface water, groundwater, reservoir)
- Information on depth of flooding (in metres)
- Information by location and date about what was impacted during the flooding:
– Number of flood-related incidents attended
- The listed incidents are all environmental flooding related calls for service that were recorded and attended during the time period provided.
Cost of attending incidents
Number of assets damaged by flooding (e.g. buildings, equipment) and associated damage/repair/replacement costs
This information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as we do not hold this information. West Midlands Fire Service does not record cost of incidents and number assets damaged by flooding.
However it is possible to calculate a notional cost for call out by applying the charging mechanism that is used to calculate special service call charges.
The cost of a Pump Rescue Ladder for a special service calls for 2019/20 was £469.20.
If you wish to calculate a notional incident cost then this would per approximately one pump rescue ladder for one hour per call out.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.