RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 10th December 2020
Please find below a summary of our findings.
- a) A breakdown per year for the last five calendar years to date of the number of fires in warehouses
- b) A breakdown per year for the last five calendar years to date of the number of fires in schools that were deliberately started. For each incident, please include extent of damage.
- c) A breakdown per year for the last five calendar years to date of the number of fires in empty shops/commercial buildings. For each incident, please include building usage (e.g. office, retail etc) and cause of fire.
Please see attached.
Please note the following:
- Data has been obtained for the period 01/01/2016 to 30/11/2020. Data after this period has not been included as it is yet to undergo data quality checking processes.
- The request parameters were vague, so I have included information that I believe is relevant.
- Data has been tabulated and has been sorted by date.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF