RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 28th September 2020
Please find below a summary of our findings.
The number of emergency call outs involving fireworks
2) For each incident listed in your answer to question 1, a brief description of each incident
3) The number of incidents involving fireworks being used to attack firefighters
4) For each incident listed in your answer to question 3, a brief description of each incident
If your answer to question 2 exceeds the time and cost limit set out by the FOI Act, please answer questions 1, 3 and 4 only.
Please see attached.
Between 01/01/2018 and 01/09/2020, there has been a total of 85 firework related incidents, where 2 involved attacks on Fire Crew.
Please be aware of the following:
- The incidents are all tagged by Fire Control with the tag ‘Firework’, if for any reason Fire Control forgot to tag a firework related incident then this would be missed out of the attached data.
- The data only includes attended incidents.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.