RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 13th August 2020.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I am writing to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, to request information relating to callouts to farm fires for the past five years, from the beginning of 2015 to date
- Date of event (ideally full date, but at least month and year)
- Geographical location, e.g. postal area (as granular as possible without being disclosive of personal data)
- Cause or suspected cause (if known)
- Location of fire (ie domestic, agricultural building containing animals, out building not containing animals)
- Whether farmed animals were involved
- Types of farmed animal involved (cattle, poultry etc.)
- Farmed animals killed (Y/N)
- Number of farmed animals killed (exact number if known – although any quantification available would be useful)
I would appreciate the information as a list of events with the above information by month. If a detailed list is not available, summary information by month would be useful. Please provide as an Excel spreadsheet or compatible format.
Please find attached incident data in relation farm incidents.
- The date range used is between 01/01/2015 and 17/08/2020
– Data for the current financial year can change
We do not record information around animal involvement in a fire. Therefore, the information in relation to “animals involved” is exempt under section 1 of the freedom.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.