RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 2nd July 2019.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I am currently researching how the mental health of firefighters across the UK, affects the fire service as a whole. Therefore, I would appreciate it if you could assist me with several questions.
– Total number of sick days taken by wholetime firefighters for any reason, within the years 2016-2020.
– How many days sick have been taken by wholetime firefighters due to mental health issues, within the years 2016- 2020?
– Please categorise the mental health issues absences, as below.
– How many incidents & days sickness absence for;
- Other mental health
- Ill health retirement due to mental health issues.
– How many occupation health referrals for mental health related issues?
In order to assist you with this request, I have provided you a spreadsheet in which to capture the data.
Please see attached.
How many occupation health referrals for mental health related issues?
This information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as we do not hold this information. We do not record this information.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.