RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested further to your freedom of information request.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
Please can you send me a copy of the current subject access request acknowledgment AND response letter that you use
Please see attached for current subject access request acknowledgement template, we do not have a template letter for response as each response is determined by the content therefore this information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as we do not hold this information.
A copy of the last 5 DPIAs completed
This information is exempt under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as this information is reasonably accessible to the requestor. DPIAs are published on our website and those currently published can be accessed at the following link: https://www.wmfs.net/foi-entry/19072/
Further DPIAs are exempt under Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Information intended for future publication. Details will be published by West Midlands Fire Service on our website when they have been completed.
A copy of any internal mandatory information governance training that you give to staff which was written in the last 2 years including presentation slides and videos and any other media
This information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as we do not hold this information. West Midlands Fire Service mandatory information governance training has not been updated in the last 2 years, the training is due to be reviewed in the near future.
A copy of any instructions given to staff members to reduce data security breaches, for example double checking work
West Midlands Fire Service Policy for the handling of all information is contained in our Management of Information Policy. Please see attached
A copy of any policies implemented in the last 2 years within the organisation to help reduce the environmental impact that the organisation has?
West Midlands Fire Service Policy for reducing the environmental impact that the organisation has is contained in our Environmental and Sustainability Strategy document. Please see attached
Please can I have a copy of the risk rating that you use to evaluate data security incidents?
West Midlands Fire service does not have a risk rating to evaluate data security incidents however it uses the following criteria to determine the risk level;
- What type of data is involved?
- How sensitive is it? E.g. Information of a personal nature?
- What has happened to the data? E.g. Could information be misused?
- what could the data tell a third party about the individual?
- If data has been lost or stolen, are there any protections in place such as encryption?
- Could the data breach affect any core functions of the organisation?
- How many individuals’ personal data are affected by the breach?
- Who are the individuals whose data has been breached? Whether they are staff, customers, clients or suppliers, for example, will to some extent determine the level of risk posed by the breach and, therefore, your actions in attempting to mitigate those risks
- What harm can come to those individuals? Are there risks to physical safety or reputation, financial loss or a combination of these and other aspects of their life?
- Are there wider consequences to consider such as a risk to public health or loss of public confidence in an important service we provide?
If you have any queries about this Freedom of Information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.