RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 3rd January 2020
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I would like the organisation to review my freedom of information request below, that’s focused around contract data for services around facilities management.
For each of the different contracts below, can you please provide me with all the information using the questions below
- Office and building cleaning – Service contract that is focus around office, commercial and building cleaning services.
- Lift service and maintenance – Service contract for lift service and maintenance.
- Food – Service contract that is focused around catering services.
- General waste services contracts – The organisation’s primary general waste service contract.
- Laundry services where clothes and linen can be washed and ironed.
Contract profile questionnaire for each type of contract:
- Supplier/Provider of the services
- Total Annual Spend – The spend should only relate to each of the service contract listed above.
- A description of the services provided under this contract please includes information if other services are included under the same contract.
- The number of sites the contract covers
- The start date of the contract
- The end date of the contract
- The duration of the contract, please include information on any extensions period.
Please see table below with information.
|Question||Office and building cleaning||Lift service and maintenance (HQ)||Food||General waste services contracts||Laundry services|
|1||In-house||Schindler Lifts||Saffron Catering||Clearway||Johnsons|
|3||Lift Maintenance||Bistro and Hospitality Service||Waste and Recycling Collections||Rental & laundry of towels & Overalls|
|7||1 yr||2 yrs||5 yrs||3 yrs|
- Who within the organisation is responsible for each of these contracts? name, Job Title, contact number and email address.
West Midlands Fire Service does not disclose individual contact details as under Section 40(20) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. There is a direct email address for suppliers making sales enquires email:
email@example.com. or firstname.lastname@example.org and Tel: 03300 589 000.
Furthermore, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office is a as follows:
The presumption is in favour of protecting privacy, so the release of personal information will only be fair if there is a genuine reason to disclose. This involves a three-stage test. A public authority will generally have to satisfy itself that:
There is a legitimate interest can be met, or fully met, by the disclosure of information which identifies individuals (i.e the disclosure is necessary to that purpose); and, the disclosure would not involve unwarranted detriment to individual’s privacy or other rights and legitimate interests.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.