RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 16th December 2019
Please find below a summary of our findings.
- Please state the total number of times your fire service has attended a fire in a building that has exterior cladding* since 1 January 2015.
- Please break down question 1 in the following time periods: a) 2015, b) 2016, c) 1 January to 13 June 2017, d) 14 June to 31 December 2017, e) 2018 and f) 2019 so far.
|Year||Number of incidents|
- Please break down the total in question 1 by type of building (i.e. residential tower block, hospital, care home, office building etc.)
|Year||Building type||Number of Incidents|
|2015||Retail, single shops and specialist service premises||1|
|2017||Retail, single shops and specialist service premises||1|
|2017||Other type of building used for storage||1|
|2018||Manufacturing / Industrial premises (e.g. factories)||1|
- Of the total number in question 1, in how many incidents was the cladding found to have been a contributing factor to the spread of the fire?
- Please break down question 4 by type of cladding (i.e. ACM, HPL etc.)
This information is exempt under section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as we do not hold this information. The type of cladding is not information that is captured within the workbook.
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.