RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 12th December 2019.
Please find below a summary of our findings.
1) What is the email address of the person in your organisation who is responsible for the management of Subject Access Requests / DPA Requests?
West Midlands Fire Service does not disclose individual contact details as under Section 40(20) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The generic email address for the Data Manager is email: email@example.com and generic phone number is 03300 589 000 and data protection request can be made on our website using the below link:
Furthermore, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office is a as follows:
The presumption is in favour of protecting privacy, so the release of personal information will only be fair if there is a genuine reason to disclose. This involves a three-stage test. A public authority will generally have to satisfy itself that:
There is a legitimate interest can be met, or fully met, by the disclosure of information which identifies individuals (i.e the disclosure is necessary to that purpose); and, the disclosure would not involve unwarranted detriment to individual’s privacy or other rights and legitimate interests.
2) What percentage of Subject Access Requests have been responded to on time since 25th May 2018? If you do know have this figure please provide a figure for what you do have.
3) On average how many SAR/DPA requests does your authority receive in a month?
4) How many SAR officers are employed by your organisation who work on Subject Access Requests?
West Midlands Fire Service Information Governance team has 2 members whom can deal with various aspect information governance requests which includes subject access request.
5) What is the generic email address of the team which deals with SARs / DPA requests within your organisation?
firstname.lastname@example.org or using the below link
6) How many overdue Subject Access Requests do you currently have?
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.