RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information requested on 3rd April 2019
Please find below a summary of our findings.
I’m writing to make a request under the FOI act regarding the incidents WMFS attends. Specifically the totals attended by each station, broken down into types of incidents i.e.
STATION FIRES SSC ALARMS TOTAL
Aston xx xx xx xx
FIRES – both secondary and primary
SSC – special service calls including road traffic collisions
Alarms – automatic fire alarms, false alarm malicious and false alarm equipment
Secondly could I have the total numbers of incidents each appliance attended i.e.
STATION PRL BRV
Aston xx xx
Can I have this information for the dates 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019
Please see attached.
Please be aware of the following;
- The date range used was 01/04/2018 – 31/03/2019
- Figures may change as the end of year has not yet been finalised and workbooks are still to be completed
- Table 1 shows the number of incidents each station has attended by the incident types False Alarms, Fire and SSC.
- False Alarms include false alarm malicious, false alarms good intent and false alarms equipment.
- Fire related incidents include primary fires, secondary fires and chimney fires.
- SSC incidents include special service calls and road traffic collisions.
- Table 2 shows the number of incidents each BRV and PRL have attended by station. This table will not include all incidents if other appliance types where in attendance, i.e. BSV, aerials and specialist vehicles are not included.
- Appliances or vehicles based at WMFS Headquarters or Technical Workshops have not been included within the data (9 incidents)
- Only operational incidents have been included within the data. i.e. no exercises, repeats or tests
- No over boarder incidents have been included within the data
- The data will include duplicate incident numbers if more than one appliance attended an incident i.e. 1 incident, 15 appliances
If you have any queries about this freedom of information request, please contact us. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
For service complaints, issues or comments regarding this request please contact The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW
Further information concerning Freedom of Information requests can be found on the Information Commissioner website at either the following link: https://ico.org.uk/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.