RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 REQUEST
I am writing to confirm that the West Midlands Fire Service has now completed its search for the information you requested on 7th July
Please find below a summary of our findings.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please could you provide me with an extract from your incident data for all incidents from April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2016, where:
- Incident category/group is fire
- Property type/subtype is any of the following:
- Building/Other Residential/Sheltered Housing – not self contained
- Building/Other Residential/Residential Home/Retirement/Elderly
- Building/Other Residential/Residential Home/Nursing/Care
- Building/Other Residential/Other Residential Home
- Building/Other Residential/Nurses’/Doctors’ accommodation
- Building/Other Residential/Hotel/motel
- Building/Other Residential/Hostel (e.g. for homeless people)
- Building/Other Residential/Boarding House/B&B for homeless/asylum seekers
- Building/Non Residential/Hospitals and medical care/Hospital
- Building/Non Residential/Education/Secondary school
- Building/Non Residential/Education/Infant/primary school
- Building/Non Residential/Education/College/University
- Building/Non Residential/Animal boarding/breeding/kennels (not farm)/animal shelter/Other
- Were Alarm Systems Present?
Please include at least month and year of incident and ward and district if possible.
Please find attached a list of incidents for fires in the property types listed above where the ‘Working Alarm’ column shows ‘No alarm’. There are no incidents where there were no alarm system present prior to April 14.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications. If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision please write to The Public Relations Department, West Midlands Fire Service, 99 Vauxhall Road, Birmingham, B7 4HW[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]