How do I report a bonfire?



View all FAQs

We can only extinguish bonfires if the fire is either out of control, unattended or generally is causing a danger to people or property. If you believe this is the case, please dial 999, ask for fire, and pass the details to us.

If the fire is not out of control or unattended and you want to complain about smoke or environmental nuisance, you would need to speak to your council. The links to each council's relevant page for bonfires/air pollution reporting can be found below:

Birmingham City Council
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
Walsall Council
Dudley Council
Wolverhampton Council
Sandwell Council
Coventry Council

For further guidance on bonfires, please see our garden safety page.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram