Need to report a fallen tree? Lost your electricity, gas or other utilities?



View all FAQs

Dangerous or unsafe structures or buildings

Call us immediately on 999 to report unsafe buildings/other structures and debris which pose a danger to anyone.

Unsafe cladding, advertising boards, roofing or other materials – if the issue can be corrected quickly and safely by the building owner or responsible person, they should attempt to do so.

Our attendance at structures which need making safe, but do not pose an immediate risk, may incur a special service call charge.

Fallen trees

If trees have fallen, or are likely to, and pose a risk to life or significant damage to property, report this via 999 immediately.

Report it to your local council if the tree is not a danger but is obstructing a path or roadway, traffic lights or road signage. Also, call the council if the tree is at risk of falling but not a danger to the public.

Here are the links to West Midlands councils’ information about reporting fallen or dangerous trees:

Birmingham City Council

Coventry City Council

Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council

Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council

Wolverhampton City Council

Electricity, water and gas

If you’ve suffered a power loss due to a fallen tree or debris, you should report this to National Grid by dialling 105 – this is free on all networks. Do not call your electricity supplier. Electricity suppliers sell consumers energy and are not responsible for the power lines that connect to homes or businesses.

If damage has been caused to gas supply, meters or pipes, report this to the National Grid gas emergency line – 0800 111 999 

To report water leaks or water supply issues, contact Severn Trent via their website.

For any other utility issues such as phone, TV, broadband etc please contact your supplier.