The developer will work alongside a SharePoint Administrator within the Birmingham HQ but will also potentially travel out to other sites from time to time. The role carries an element of mentoring and a need to own and deliver projects across the organisation so good communication skills are essential.
There is a need to understand and maximise the capabilities of SharePoint and create custom components and applications to meet the needs of our organisation.
The SharePoint developer will predominantly deliver projects for West Midlands Fire Service however there may be the need to work with or deliver projects for other fire services.
· Strong communication skills and be comfortable engaging with the business
· Flexible and responsive team player
· Customer focused and able to relate to all types of people
· Self-motivated and strong organisational skills and able to work independently
· Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
· Open to change
· Have a high energy “can do” attitude
· Good understanding and interest in O365
· Demonstrate personal development around emerging technologies
· Proven record of delivering SharePoint projects
· Experience of working in a Scrum or Agile setting
· Act as Lead Developer for a large SharePoint Online structure
· Ability to ensure Dev Team workload is delivered in a timely fashion
· Strong skills in SharePoint Online Design and Development
· Strong skills in design, development and implementation of a new intranet system
· Skills in SharePoint UI/UX Design
· Configuring/Building Workflow Management Microsoft Flow
You will have a proven track record and the ability to demonstrate where you have led or been heavily involved in community activity and how these activities have linked to Organisational Strategy. Proof of supporting and positively promoting the strategy of the organisation with others both internally and externally is also required.
You will be able to demonstrate that you are change ready with a dynamic understanding of the impact of change on teams and individuals.
You will promote a positive and inclusive team culture, enabling others to maximise their full potential to be as efficient and effective as possible by creating the right environment in the workplace.