Incident reports

We all hope the worst doesn’t happen, but sometimes when it does, an insurance company, landlord or other agency may require an incident report (sometimes called a Fire Report). These are typically for fires, but can be provided for other incidents such as road traffic accidents, floodings and so on. This page is where you can request one.

What's involved in an incident report

Following an incident, a copy of our fire/incident report might be needed. Information will only be provided to solicitors, insurance companies and loss adjusters who are acting on behalf of the owner/occupier of an affected property which has been recorded within the relevant incident log. Information can also be provided to someone acting on behalf of an individual who has been recorded on the incident log as being injured as a result of the incident. There is a fee for this service of £93.

We aim to release these reports within 40 working days of receiving a valid request.

To make a request, please complete the form further down this page or write to:

Information Disclosure
West Midlands Fire Service
99 Vauxhall Road
B7 4HW

Request a new incident report