Welcome To The West Midlands
What is Welcome to the West Midlands?
Welcome to the West Midlands is an education programme for new migrants to promote safety, well being, community understanding and citizenship.
It has been funded by the Big Lottery Fund and developed in consultation with migrants to meet the information gap which can occur when someone arrives in the UK.
The mobile education package is delivered by our Community Volunteers and is an interactive experiential learning experience. This programme can be delivered at your venue within the West Midlands.
What are the benefits of the programme?
- Experiential learning experience
- Suitable for all learning abilities
- Suitable for people whose first language is not English
- Covers a range of topics to assist visitors to settle in the UK
- Can reduce the amount of assistance you will need to provide to your service users
- Can help save lives
What does the education programme involve?
Our Community volunteers educate students attending the programme who will get the opportunity to experience different scenarios and learn about various things including:
- Road Safety
- Fire Safety
- Health Services
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Environmental Awareness
Each programme lasts around 2 ½ hours. At the end of the experience, all students will receive a certificate of attendance and an information booklet.
How much does the visit cost?
The mobile programme is free of charge but requires a room to accommodate training for up to 20 people
How to Book?
The criteria for people attending the Welcome to the West Midlands programme is
- Over the age of 16
- Have arrived in the UK within the last 2 years
More information and programme bookings can be made by contacting email@example.com or telephoning the Contact centre on 0121 380 6265. When booking please consider the following:
- Groups should consist of a minimum of 6 people
- Maximum group size is 20
- You must be able to provide an adequate sized training room with electrical points and tables
- Sessions last between 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Programme can be tailored to an individual groups needs
Român Translation in Romanian