Rented Accomodation and High Rise Safety
Did you know?
- People living in rented or shared accommodation are seven times more likely to have a fire
- About 400 people a year die in accidental house fires
- Not having a working smoke alarm doubles your risk of death
- Faulty electrics cause around 7,000 house fires a year
- Candles cause more than 5 fires a day
For more information on what you can do to keep yourself safe whilst living in rented or shared accommodation download the leaflets below.
West Midlands Fire Service is involved, with other local authorities, the private-rented sector and West Midlands Police, in a partnership consortium called Homestamp. Its aim is to improve the quality and safety for people living in rented accommodation and provide information for landlords, and for those who are looking to rent property.
If you are renting or looking to rent a private property, or if you are a landlord and require further information, including fire safety information, you can find out more at www.homestamp.com